Tips to Prevent Cockroaches from Getting Inside
Cockroaches get inside through cracks and crevices in the home’s foundation or other entry points. You can reduce the chances of a cockroach infestation by eliminating easy entry points for them, and reducing the appeal of your home to them by eliminating food and shelter opportunities.
Simple tips to help keep cockroaches out:
- Make sure to seal all openings around the home. Like many pests, roaches can compress their bodies and and squeeze into the tiniest of cracks.
- Roaches may also enter the home through traditional entrances such as open doors and windows.
- To help keep cockroaches out, make sure organic material is kept away from the home’s foundation. Remove rotting leaves and make sure landscaping is kept to good standards.
- Make sure garbage is disposed of before nightfall and that lids are always firmly in place.
- Keep food in tightly sealed containers, and keep bags of pet food in plastic bins.
- Keep counters and floors as clean as possible, periodically cleaning kitchen and bathroom areas.
- Dehumidify any moist area in the home. During the summers, all basements should have a good operating dehumidifier if the outside weather is humid.
- Make sure there are no leaky pipes and vacuum the home frequently.
- Remove firewood stacked around the home or garage, patios, or porches.
What proof. Professionals Do To Get Rid Of Cockroaches
Cockroaches are almost impossible to control without a professional who has the correct equipment, products, tools, and know-how.